Sshd cannot be manually restarted

I am having difficulty getting the sshd service to run through Cygwin. Attached is the cygcheck output for the server that I am having problems with.

Attached is a batch file which I initially used to install Cygwin and configure sshd (used this script because it worked on 2 other servers). Everything worked fine until trying to start the service. Odd behavior is that rebooting the machine results in the service running fine (it is set to automatic startup). Stopping the service and trying to start it again results in the failures below. I can run /usr/sbin/sshd -D from a Cygwin prompt and it works fine.

Starting from the Services snap-in results in "Windows could not start the CYGWIN sshd service on Local Computer. Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly." There are no entries in the Application event log related to (Cygwin) sshd. Entry in System event log: " The CYGWIN sshd service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 26 time(s)."

Admin command prompt:
---- Output ----
C:\>net start sshd
The CYGWIN sshd service is starting.
The CYGWIN sshd service could not be started.

A system error has occurred.

System error 1067 has occurred.

The process terminated unexpectedly.

C:\>C:\cygwin\Cygwin.bat

sdoracle@STREAMINGDEV ~
$ cygrunsrv -S sshd
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1062:
The service has not been started.

sdoracle@STREAMINGDEV ~
$
---- End Output ----

Things I have tried:
Used a local privileged user to run the service
Used a different domain user that successfully runs the sshd service on a different machine
Created a fresh domain account to run the sshd service
Searched for duplicate cygwin1.dll's - none found
Applied full control to SYSTEM to C:\cygwin, C:\cygwin\var, and C:\cygwin\var\log
Removed local group policy object and rebooted machine
Compared Local Security options and User Rights to working servers (identical except for administrator account name)
Turned Windows firewall on and off

-- Matt Johnson