Re: problems with installing cygwin on windows 7

Hi Piotr,

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 8:25 AM, Piotr Cieplak  wrote:
> Could anyone help me with this problem?
> I posted this couple of days ago, but so far there is no response.
> When installing cygwin using "default" option - everything goes well. On the other hand
> when trying to install:  everything ("install" option) or  some parts of the cygwin package
> the setup.exe runs for ever and could not complete successfully within 3-5 hours.
(snip)
> Is anyone experiencing similar problems? What the remedy could be?

Don't do it :)

For setup.exe to to install everything it has to download everything,
checksum everything, unpack everything, install everything, rebase
everything. This takes time, regardless of which mirror you use.

Why do you want to install everything? I doubt there is a single
person on Earth who has used every single Cygwin program.

Csaba