Re: How to let the Cygwin to use all memory in my computer?

Csaba Raduly schreef, Op 2-5-2013 9:37:
Hi Fengchao,

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 8:22 AM, Fengchao <fcyucn@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I noticed that Cygwin can't use all memory in my computer that has 32G
available. It can only use little memory and throw a memory leak error. I
wonder if there is a way to let the Cygwin access all my computer's memory?

By the way, my OS: windows 7 64 bit.
Even if your OS is 64 bit, Cygwin itself is currently 32-bit and so
all Cygwin programs are limited to 4GB of address space, half of which
is normally used by the system so only 2GB is available to the program
itself (may be increased to 3GB).

64-bit Cygwin is under development:
http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/HEADSUP-64-bit-Cygwin-is-coming-soon-td96743.html

Csaba

And if your OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, there is another limit.
Home Premium is limited to access only 16 GB, even if you have more RAM in your PC.
To access more memory you need a professional Windows version.

regards,

--
Erwin Waterlander
http://waterlan.home.xs4all.nl/