Re: [TEST] sqlite3-3.7.17-1 (Cygwin 1.7.19 locking feature)

On 05/06/13 23:27, David Rothenberger wrote:
On 6/5/2013 12:50 PM, Warren Young wrote:
The CYGWIN_SQLITE_LOCKING variable now has three possible states:

CYGWIN_SQLITE_LOCKING=posix  -- same as before

CYGWIN_SQLITE_LOCKING=posixmand -- equivalent to leaving it undefined in
the 3.7.17-1 build

CYGWIN_SQLITE_LOCKING=AnythingElse -- BSD flock() based mandatory locking.
I think the "AnythingElse" setting is what you intended for Subversion
users that want to interoperate with Windows?

The Subversion test suite passes with that setting. I don't know about
issues with TortoiseSVN since I don't use it personally.

Ah, that'll be me then ;-)

I gave sqlite3-3.7.17-2 a try with Cygwin snapshot 2013-06-04, on a PC with TortoiseSVN 1.7.13. With CYGWIN_SQLITE_LOCKING set to AnythingElse, I ran a few tests (reverse merges, revert, etc.) that I thought would exercise the local database.

Whilst I haven't had time to put it through a very thorough examination, it all appeared to work just fine. I'll try to run some more tests tomorrow.

Thanks to Warren and Corinna for their considerable effort in getting this working.

Dave.