Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 1.7.19

Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

>> I do not think I explained myself properly, sorry: Cygwin would
>> previously read the
>> obcaseinsensitve value under Windows 2000 to emulate the case
>> insensitive behaviour of Windows XP and newer where obcaseinsensitive
>> was present in the registry.
>>
>> The registry key does not represent the active state of case
>> sensitivity, so it is surely the wrong thing to query and show in
>> cygcheck as it only shows what the state is pending a reboot. Surely
>> it would be better now to query how the case sensitivity actually is
>> here and show that, and get rid of all references to
>> obcaseinsensitive, which is a configuration parameter and private
>> implementation detail of kernel?

> Not from my POV, no.  The registry key is what the user has to change to
> get case sensitive behaviour.

But that setting only permit case-sensitive behavior, but not actually
implement (enable) it.
Actual behavior of case-sensitivity relies on actual support from filesystem,
in case of disk IO operations.
If I read it right, of course.

--
WBR,