This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fwd: getcwd in Make's Test Scripts Causes Errors
- From: marco atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 07:29:25 +0200
- Subject: Re: Fwd: getcwd in Make's Test Scripts Causes Errors
- References: <CAO9FYyF80O81hjwtOmZCOUEOYvxSF48aZcnj4cN5zdFTyJuV9Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAO9FYyGAwTNCEeqw5aNVst3XCWDJ8eiPj0FdNY0cJnALHTEWbw at mail dot gmail dot com>
Il 7/9/2013 7:13 AM, GJ ha scritto:
I'm trying to build Make-3.82 in Cygwin64 1.7.21-6 on Windows 8 x64.
It appears to build just fine, but I can't run the tests. I've tried
running it with "make check", "perl run_make_tests.pl", and the latter
in Window's own CMD.exe. When a test fails, it produces the error
"shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access
parent directories: No error".
Attached is a cygheck.out, the script I ran to try to build and test
Make in "conf-make-inst.sh", (so it's easy to see how to reproduce the
problem) and the output of the script in "build log.txt". "build
log.txt" is just the output of "conf-make-inst.sh". It contains the
output from the configure, make, and make check commands.
I can't seem to find much information on this, or I don't have the
expertise to understand the information out there on errors with
getcwd and Cygwin. Did I include all the information needed to be
Thanks for your consideration.
why building something already available ?
$ make --version
GNU Make 3.82.90
have you checked the cygwin source package of make ?
Following the same road is likely easier.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple