This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
mingw64-i686-gcc packages are in a strange state - don't use until all clear
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 10:43:53 -0400
- Subject: mingw64-i686-gcc packages are in a strange state - don't use until all clear
- References: <51DC904C dot 20105 at alice dot it> <51DD2EF8 dot 2010700 at gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 05:52:56PM +0800, JonY wrote:
>On 7/10/2013 06:35, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
>> Setup.exe has updates (4.5.3 ==> 4.7.3) for mingw64-i686-gcc-core but
>> not for other language (fortran, g++ etc.).
>> Beside this, it wants install mingw64-i686-gcc-debuginfo.. Usually
>> *debuginfo packages are optional not mandatory.. Or not?
>It is still in the process of uploading, please check back in a day or so.
I apologize for the confusion here. We shouldn't have the Cygwin
installation in a confused state like this.
The problem is because we hadn't adequately instructed JonY in what was
involved in uploading packages. It was never our intent to break the
installation in this fashion. Not only will you see
mingw64-i686-gcc-debuginfo as a default package, it is likely that the
package will be incomplete. That's really not what we wanted to happen.
The mingw64-i686-gcc packages are all in a suspect state now. Please
don't use them until you hear an all-clear.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple