This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: some of the apps form cygwin are not able to redirect text to file
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 07:26:40 -0400
- Subject: Re: some of the apps form cygwin are not able to redirect text to file
- References: <BLU0-SMTP11028D5C6389143CFDDC47C36D0 at phx dot gbl>
n 7/21/2013 6:29 AM, R. S. wrote:
grep --help > grep.txt
- works as expected, but
wodim --help > wodim.txt
- outputs text to console and the wodim.txt file is empty
What is happening here ?
Maybe wodim sends its help output to stderr instead of stdout.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple