This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 64-bit gcc-4.8.1 package installs source instead
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 01:12:06 -0400
- Subject: Re: 64-bit gcc-4.8.1 package installs source instead
- References: <51EEF4F1 dot 20006 at cs dot utoronto dot ca> <51EDA65A dot 4070002 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <51EEF9D8 dot 6060907 at cs dot utoronto dot ca> <20130723072212 dot GC9689 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <51EE3CBB dot 3010005 at users dot sourceforge dot net> <20130723161626 dot GA1199 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <51EEDF75 dot 9050007 at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 02:54:29PM -0500, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
>On 2013-07-23 11:16, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 03:20:11AM -0500, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
>>> This is one case where IMO genini is better than upset: genini-generated
>>> setup.ini's don't list source-only packages in setup's package selector,
>>> while still being available through the "Src" option of any of its
>>> subpackages. Could upset be changed to match, which would avoid this
>>> problem for *all* source-only packages?
>> Why not just rename the package "gcc-src" to make it clear what's going
>gcc is only one example; many packages (most being library-only) have a
>source-only "main" package. Not listing them while still allowing Src
>(as genini does) makes things very clear IMHO.
Yes, I got that you like the probable bug that caused genini to not list
The fact that there are multiple packages with this issue isn't really
an advertisement for clarity.
"I'm looking for the source for gcc but the only thing I could find was
the source for gcc-java" isn't really very clear. Nor is the sdesc for
gcc which says "GNU Compiler Collection". That's just misleading.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple