This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Going back beyond the root (was: [BUG ?] Failed to rebuild Cygwin)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 16:12:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: Going back beyond the root (was: [BUG ?] Failed to rebuild Cygwin)
- References: <003401ce8dcb$a630b310$f2921930$%fedin at samsung dot com> <20130731102737 dot GW4166 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <005401ce8de5$cda20e20$68e62a60$%fedin at samsung dot com> <20130731120612 dot GA4166 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <006901ce8df1$9cc7af10$d6570d30$%fedin at samsung dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jul 31 17:26, Pavel Fedin wrote:
> > s/svn/cvs/
> > You can rebuild the lib, just update to the latest.
> Thank you, tested and works fine. Testing included:
> 1. Accessing existing directories then ..
> 2. Accessing nonexistent directories then ..
> 3. Going beyond the root multiple times (/../../../../../..)
> 4. The same, but with UNC. (3) in this context attempts to access '//', which on my machine waits for a while then ends up in "Permission denied". 'NET VIEW' in native Windows console behaves similar, reporting "List of servers is not currently available". So - passed.
Apparently smb browsing is switched off on your machine. I tested this
myself with some extra debugging output. Should work the same as /..,
just that you're back in // instead of /.
> 5. Running make test suite. abspath works fine now.
Thanks for testing,
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Maintainer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple