Re: 64-bit emacs crashes a lot

> Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 12:58:02 -0400
> From: Ken Brown <kbrown@cornell.edu>
> CC: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
>
> Eli is the expert on bidi.c (he wrote it).  He can probably tell you
> whether you've really bumped into an emacs bug here.

There's nothing wrong with bidi.c here, it just aborts because it is
handed an invalid character codepoint.  It would have been useful to
see the value of that character.

Anyway, I generally agree that this is probably some memory
corruption, as I'm guessing that the text in the window was all ASCII
in this case, so any character codepoint beyond 127 is not to be
expected.