Re: xz -9 : Cannot allocate memory

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> I'm not exactly surprised.  You're on a 32 bit machine, so you only have
> 2 Gigs VM.  Probably some DLLs are in the way.

I know, also it might be true I've hit a less fortunate meory layout
than usual this time.  However, I know there's plenty of unused memory
before starting that test and it _always_ works whenever the initial
heap size is set to anything else than just 0x0.  The original
discussion was about setting very large initial heaps, but the actual
size doesn't seem to matter, which seems, well, odd.

> Load xz under GDB, break
> on "cygwin_exit", run it, and when it hits the breakpoint, observer the
> memory layout, either in GDB, or by cat'ing /proc/<xz's pid>/maps.

OK, if it is still reproducible tomorrow I'll have a look.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: