This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fwd: Re: Trying to build rxvt on Cygwin64.
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 17:23:44 -0400
- Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Trying to build rxvt on Cygwin64.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5224987F dot 4090305 at bellsouth dot net> <52249AE9 dot 2080804 at bellsouth dot net> <5224A9E2 dot 20307 at lysator dot liu dot se> <5224E3AE dot 5090709 at bellsouth dot net> <5224FE86 dot 4080802 at gmail dot com>
On 9/2/2013 5:09 PM, Václav Zeman wrote:
On 09/02/2013 09:14 PM, Robert McBroom wrote:
make: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/rxvt/W11/w32'
gcc -c xlib.c -O -I.. -mwin32
xlib.c: In function ‘XOpenDisplay’:
xlib.c:131:26: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
This is a bug in the original source code. It needs to be fixed or the
bug needs to be sidestepped. This might work, untested:
Are you using the -src package from the cygwin mirrors, and the cygport
script? The rxvt shipped by cygwin has been heavily patched from
upstream to support our (32bit) platform; at *minimum* you will need
those patches to build the 64 bit version.
Unfortunately rxvt is pretty far down my list of priorities for porting
to 64bit given its dead-as-a-doornail, ex-parrot status upstream and
relative lack of users. The best I can say is, I'll get to it eventually.
cygwin rxvt "maintainer"
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple