Re: Fwd: Way to test cyglsa?

On 9/16/2013 3:56 PM, Evan Rowley wrote:
The user cyg_server was generated by the ssh-host-config script and
while the server itself is on a domain, all the users involved with
cygwin / ssh / sshd are local users.

I've noticed that along with the local cyg_server account, there is
also a local sshd account. It appears to be disabled. Is that normal?

Yes.  That's for privilege separation.  It's fine.

What can I do to be sure that seteuid can be called by cyg_server? The
user is in the Administrators group and to my knowledge, that should
be a qualifier to run seteuid.

The only thing I can think of here is that cyglsa isn't doing what it
should.  Why don't you send along your cygcheck output
(<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>) in case there's something there
that would help there.

I went ahead and reconfigured /etc/passwd, the sshd service via
ssh-host-config, and the LSA passwords for the users. I'm still
experiencing the same problem but now with a new and odd variation.
Attempting to connect via ssh yeilds the same result as before but
additionally causes the sshd service to stop. No errros are being
reported in the event logs and the /var/log/sshd.log file looks the
same as before. Output is below:

<snip>

Yep, that's expected when you run sshd as debug.  That's another
reason I set up a separate service for the debug version.  Keeps me
from needing to edit anything to switch back and forth and I never
have to worry about the "limitations" of running a debug version
when I don't mean to be. :-)

--
Larry