Re: cannot run setup64.exe without admin privileges (even if renamed foo.exe)

On 9/22/2013 2:18 PM, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong (like I need to ask!), but my impression is that the
only thing for which setup for 'Cygwin for All Users' currently needs admin
privileges is to create shortcuts in "C:\Users\All Users\Desktop" and
"C:\Users\All Users\Start Menu" (or wherever they point to).

No, "All Users" is also required to set up services (like sshd, crond, etc.)
to work for all users (i.e. switch user context).  This is the recommended
way to install so that these subsequent facilities can be used with a
minimum of fuss or trouble.

--
Larry