Re: fstab not automounting...

On Oct 17 01:49, kosowsky wrote:
> Is there any way to get the entries in /etc/fstab to mount
> automatically? (ideally also the ones in /etc/fstab.d too for the
> current user)
>
> I could have sworn that it did so in earlier versions of cygwin, but
> now I seem to need to manually issue a 'mount -a' after each reboot...

/etc/fstab and /etc/fstab.d/$USER are loaded automatically only once.
That is, at the time the first Cygwin process in a user session is
started.  All other processes in the same user session just share the
mount table if it's already in memory.  Changes are only propagated to
the shared mount table in two cases:

- Use the mount -a command.

- Stop *all* Cygwin processes of the current user.  This will remove the
  shared mount table from memory.  Start a new Cygwin process.  This
  will re-create the shared mount table.

Corinna

Red Hat