Re: Install puts home in /c/Users

Greetings, Lee Savidge!

> Firstly, why? Why make my cygwin home directory use the same folder
> that Windows uses which is full of a load of stuff that Windows needs
> to keep?

What about opposite question? Why spread the stuff, that is presumable
privately yours, across untold amount of directories?
Why not keep it in your private profile directory, that is intended to hold
your private profile stuff?

> Secondly, how can I put it back as it used to be so that when I opened
> bash it defaulted to my home directory which was mapped to

> /cygdrive/c/cygwin64/home/myuseraccount

> I know I could put in the bashrc file a cd which changes directory to
> the home directory under cygwin but that means my real home directory
> is still under /users which isn't what I want.

> Once I've sorted that I will be a happy bunny. I've looked through the
> mailing lists and I can't find anything that helps but then I might
> not be searching for the right terminology.

> After that my next job is to get rid of the /cygdrive mount points. It
> just makes typing Windows paths unnecessarily long winded.

This is as easy as uncommenting and editing a single line in /etc/fstab
Strange that you are still struggling with such a simple issue.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...