Re: why do psutils & libtool packages need ~25+MB of latex (was Re: setup.ini dependency graph?)

On 10/27/2013 1:00 AM, Linda Walsh wrote:
On 10/25/2013 5:29 PM, Ryan Johnson wrote:
On 25/10/2013 12:12 PM, Charles Wilson wrote:
Does anybody have a script or a tool that can parse a setup.ini and
generate a dependency graph?  I'm using pmcyg to create a
stripped-down standalone installation CD and it's too big, so I'm
trying to figure out where the culprit is that's pulling in so much
stuff...
I threw one together a while back when dealing with packages trying to
pull in latex: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-03/msg00242.html
---

I keep trying to get rid of latex and it keeps coming back...

I think I figured out why... psutils?   libtool?

If you look at setup.ini, you'll see that psutils is an obsolete package, which has been replaced by texlive-collection-fontutils. You must have once installed psutils for some reason. If you don't need its functionality, uninstall it and all the texlive packages that it brought in. You may have other obsolete packages installed that are also bringing in texlive packages. Just run setup and uncheck the "Hide obsolete packages" box.

Ken