Building a snapshot ("Not an ELF file" error)

Hello All,

I'm using some recent (not the latest, though) CYGWIN release,
and trying to build a CYGWIN snapshot (for the first time)...

When I deployed the snapshot source, ran configure, then make, I saw this:

checking for .preinit_array/.init_array/.fini_array support... readelf: Error: Not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start
no

Does not look "good" to me, but other than the message, it does not
seem to cause any ill side-effects, either (just as yet, at least).

Is there something to worry about?  Like I said, I'm breaking new
grounds to me, and I am not familiar with any (known) peculiarities...

Thanks,

Anton Lavrentiev
Contractor NIH/NLM/NCBI

P.S.

$ which readelf
/usr/bin/readelf
$ file /usr/bin/readelf
/usr/bin/readelf: PE32 executable (console) Intel 80386 (stripped to external PDB), for MS Windows