Re: Seeking a suggestion for unattended mass install procedure

Il 11/4/2013 7:03 PM, Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] ha scritto:
Just make a list from that as part of your install script.

That is the problem, right there.  I counted some 150 directories,
many of which contain 10+ packages, easily.  A manageable install
command would have looked like "setup.exe -L directory -a" to
get and install everything it could have found under that directory,
rather than a command that spans two or more screen-fulls to list all
those packages.

Any other alternative, please?

Anton Lavrentiev
Contractor NIH/NLM/NCBI

never tested, but you could use
  -C --categories

currently we have less than 30 official categories and they
very seldom change.

Of course you need to create the setup.ini from your tree,
with genini or upset, something like

 genini --recursive x86 > x86/setup.ini

Regards
Marco