Re: setup.ini dependency graph?

On 04/11/13 17:30, Charles Wilson wrote:
On 11/4/2013 11:00 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 09:32:10AM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
I've got a few cleanups, and then I'll share the result.  It's already
helped me generate a few re-packaging requests I plan to post over on
cygwin-apps...

Is this packagable?  It sounds pretty interesting.

Probably. I could put it in cygutils, or standalone (like the new cygcheck-leaves package is a standalone utility).

Would it be crazy to generate this and make it available on the cygwin
web site?  Or would the dependency graph generation overload
sourceware.org?

The basic processing to generate a .dot file is pretty simple really; just string comparisons and hash manipulations. But as Ryan already pointed out, generating the actual graph in whatever format, is probably compute intensive.

See attached...

My goodness - you have been busy! You've taken some hacky kludgy perl that I threw together in five minutes flat and turned it into a proper programme. Tip of the hat to you, sir...

Dave.