Re: Problem w/ gcc: error: spawn: No such file or directory; cygcheck.out attached.

Linda Walsh writes:
> Can't believe doesn't work for anyone.
>
> For me, I've tried multiple c progs (simple ones),
> same thing.
>
> Ideas?

You don't supply any example that shows your attempt and the resulting error
message(s).  So maybe it (whatever *it* is) is working for everybody else?

> Cygwin Configuration Diagnostics
> Current System Time: Tue Jan 14 23:18:34 2014
>
> Windows 7 Ultimate Ver 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1
>
> Path:	C:\Users\law.Bliss\bin\lib
> 	C:\usr\sbin
> 	C:\bin
> 	C:\sbin
> 	.
> 	C:\prog64\vim\gvim.exe
> 	C:\bin
> 	C:\sbin
[...]

There was some discussion recently, last month I think, about the relative
position of /bin and /usr/bin in PATH mattering in a way it didn't use to.
I can't find the discussion or I'd link to it.  But in any case you might
try substituting /usr/bin for /bin in your PATH setup.

..mark