Re: Reduce noise in dependency declaration during uninstall in setup.exe

On 1/21/2014 7:44 PM, Warren Young wrote:
Alternate idea:

If all of the changes requested on the previous screen are "Uninstall" (i.e.
everything else is "Keep" or "Skip"), invert the current dependency tree
walking logic.  That is, have setup.exe find out which packages must be
removed to satisfy the changes requested on the previous screen.

"Look, buddy, if you remove that package, I gotta remove these 84 other
packages, too: {foo, bar, baz...}  Are you really really sure you want me to
do that?"

Yes, this is a known limitation of the current setup source.  It falls
under category of http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#SHTDI. After all, it sounds
like fun, right? ;-)

--
Larry