RE: Windows 7 64 Bit - Mounting Network Drives

> Can you please do the following commands in order (native windows console preferred, but not necessary):
> net use

    % net use
    New connections will be remembered.

    Status       Local     Remote                    Network

    Unavailable  H:        \\brt1itssrv003\homes\daharty
                                                   Microsoft Windows Network
    Unavailable  Z:        \\wym1itsnas001\cae3\adams_db
                                                    Microsoft Windows Network
    The command completed successfully.

> subst

    % subst

    %

> cd /cygdrive/h

    % cd /cygdrive/h
    /cygdrive/h: No such file or directory.

> explorer H:\\

    (opens the drive correctly)

> Close the window in either case. net use; subst; cd /cygdrive/h (does it work now?)

   2nd lap exactly reproduces the results of the first lap.

> Also, a crucial moment - do you use a terminal session, or your machine is physically present at the place, and you are logging to its desktop as normal?

I am sat at the laptop keyboard running the laptop in question. I log into its Windows desktop in the normal fashion.

So, to recap:

- Windows can see the networked drives just fine.
- Cygwin knows about them but declares them unavailable.

Since I don't know what I don't know, I am unable to fashion a precision question to proceed further, except to ask "what stands between me and the ability to make the network drives available from within cygwin?"

CONFIDENTIAL: The information contained in this email communication is confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email and destroy all copies of this communication, including all attachments.