Re: octave: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Paul writes:
> However, I recently started to get the following message when sending
> expressions to octave:
>
>    /usr/bin/octave-3.6.2.exe: error while loading shared libraries: ?:
>    cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I'm almost certain that Octave can't find its lapack libraries.  The
standard profile scripts add this to the very end of the path and
depending on what is in your windows path you may hide them.  There are
also two environment variables (sorry, can't check right now) that need
to be set for lapack to be happy and you may not source the
/etc/profile.d script that sets them depending on how you start bash.

Regards,
Achim.