Re: Problem running git submodule init: "error while loading shared libraries: ?"

On 29/01/2014 22:35, jones.noamle(at)gmail.com wrote:
Intro: If you don't know/have time to solve it, I'd still appreciate a
few pointers on how to debug this issue (is a library really missing?
what library is missing?)

Just did a fresh install of cygwin-x86, added the packages: git,
openssh, ca-certificates, libsasl2. This is on Windows Server 2008 R2
(see attached cygcheck.out)

I get the following error when running git submodule init:

     $ git submodule init
     /usr/lib/git-core/git.exe: error while loading shared libraries:
?: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Cygwin in general and other git commands (including 'git submodule
update') succeed without errors.

Running cygcheck on the git executable did NOT find any missing libs:

try
strace -o /tmp/git.strace git submodule init

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Noam

Marco