Re: ssh fails to start on Windows XP

On 1/30/2014 7:19 PM, Greg Couch wrote:
So recompiling opensll and openssh didn't fix the problem, but switching to
a cygwin1.dll snapshot that I downloaded debugging an earlier problem from
Nov 29, 2013 did fix the problem.

<snip>

The 1.7.26-1 version of cygwin package available via the current
setup-x86.exe does not work.  Nor did the current 1.7.27-2 version.
Googling, the 0xc0000139 error is a "entry point not found error", so
something changed between the 1.7.26 snapshot and the official 1.7.26 to
break ssh on my system.

This suggests to me that one or more packages in your Cygwin installation
are not up-to-date.  If you haven't rebooted since you last ran setup*.exe,
do so now.  If you have rebooted, try rerunning setup*.exe and have it
reinstall everything.  Best tostop all Cygwin processes and services
first though.  If this doesn't help, submit a complete problem report
as described by the following link - <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>

--
Larry