Re: $PATH contains dot but unclear where it comes from

On 2/19/2014 12:51 PM, Robert Klemme wrote:
On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 6:23 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin)
  wrote:
On 2/19/2014 12:16 PM, Robert Klemme wrote:

The dot is already in the variable before bash even modifies it.

So that means you need to look in your Windows environment to understand
where this comes from.

I did look in windows environment as well (again, see earlier emails).

Well, let's consider that you resurrected this thread 12 days after it
fell dormant with no context in that email message for anyone to go on.
If you don't want to have to repeat yourself on individual points as they
are brought up again, you could consider, in the future, summarizing the
current state and things tried when you bring a topic out of hibernation.

  Don't discount any start-up batch files
(i.e. cygwin.bat), etc., that you may be using to kick-start bash
either.

I am using the regular mintty start that cygwin establishes.  This is
the command line
C:\cygwin64\bin\mintty.exe -i /Cygwin-Terminal.ico -

I can't see in documentation that mintty manipulates the environment
in some way.

More ideas?

From the Windows "Run..." or "Search programs and files" edit box,
type "cmd.exe".  From the console window that opens as a result, type
the following.

echo %PATH%
c:\cygwin64\bin\bash --norc --noprofile -lix
echo $PATH

Any "." resulting from the second echo?  Anything in the first that
would lead to one?  If it's very obvious that the Windows path isn't
the problem, then exit bash and run it again omitting either --norc
or --noprofile until you zero in on the file in your environment
that's adding the unwanted ".".  Keep in mind that scripts you
have in '/etc/profile.d' are sourced too.  If you've added things
there, this could be the culprit.

--
Larry