Re: Cygwin64 ignoring /etc/passwd shell field?

On 2/25/2014 6:24 PM, Jim Burwell wrote:
On 2/25/2014 13:55, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Feb 25 13:52, Jim Burwell wrote:
Hi,

I've noticed after installing an update the Cygwin64 appears to ignore
the contents of the shell field in /etc/passwd.  I normally run
/bin/tcsh as my shell, and changing this field used to result in any new
login shells running tcsh.  Now it just runs bash regardless.

Has something changed?
No.  Works for me.  Do you start `mintty -'?

Corinna

Interestingly, it works as expected with mintty, but not with xterm,
uxterm, uterm.

Was going to try rxvt, but noticed it's not in Cygwin64.

It also works when I ssh into my cygwin.

So appears to be a problem with xterm and related?

Yes, and it's a conscious change.  See
<https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-xfree/2014-02/msg00005.html>.

--
Larry