If you are having problems sending email here

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 09:53:52PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>Just to be clear:  The intent of my email was to actually save people
>from going to the pointless exercise of trying to contact Corinna or
>Larry directly since it won't work.

To reiterate, here's the mailing list FAQ:

https://sourceware.org/lists.html#FAQ

The instructions there are designed to help work through most problems.

The most common problem by far is people sending html-formatted email.
I often see people who should know better sending html-formatted messages
multiple times, apparently in the hopes that one message will sneak by.

Second to this is people including raw email addresses in the subjects
or bodies of their messages.

Third is people sending email to various Cygwin personalities at
cygwin.com expecting to have a private chat (i.e., what prompted the
first message in this thread).

The html restriction is a sourceware.org policy so please don't attempt
to argue about it here.  This is also not the place to gripe about
"antiquated" mailing list software.  If you want to make a case for
changing something related to site policy (like html mail or
"antiquated" software), send email to overseers at this site.  If you
have email problems that can't be solved by reading the FAQ (this is a
rare occurence) then send email to cygwin-owner/postmaster.

Oh, and this should go without saying but before claiming that your
email isn't going through:

1) Check the archives (see http://cygwin.com/lists.html) to make sure
that it really didn't go through.

2) Check your spam filters to make sure that you haven't received a
helpful bounce message telling you what's wrong.  postmaster (aka me)
will want to see the bounce message if it's not html-related.

And, *please* don't reply to this message complaining that you did
everything and nothing worked.  If you are having problems send a short
note to postmaster (aka me) and I will work out what is going on.  I'll
even do it if you are bitter, angry, and lecturey.  I won't like you
much but I'll still help.

If you send email claiming that the system is saying that you are sending
html-formatted email and you know you're not I'll just point you at the
FAQ and make sure you know that our mail system is probably better than
you at noticing when email is formatted in html.

cgf