Re: Still testing needed: New passwd/group AD/SAM integration

On 4/10/2014 20:16, Duncan Roe wrote:
Yes, I'm one of those users. I need my login name to match the Linux systems so
I can use rsh and not be challenged for a password when the cygwin host name is
in ~/.rhosts

If you switch to SSH, you can solve this by putting this into your ~/.ssh/config file:

     Host myremotehost
         User duncan_roe

That is, you can override defaults (like login name) on a per-connection basis. Anything you can pass as an option to ssh(1) can be changed here, so you don't have to keep providing the option.

With pre-shared keys, I don't think you'll see a difference in behavior relative to rsh.