Re: Screen crippled by applications using alternative screen

Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:

> I don't see the behavior that you are specifying but I doubt that what
> you are seeing has anything to do with the gobbledegook on the above
> page.  If you do want "Cygwin" to send ANSI escape sequences then you'll
> need to make sure that you're using a package which knows how to send
> them, i.e., an ncurses-using package, and that the TERM environment
> variable is set appropriately.

Hi, about gobbledegook

Looking into imports of cygwin's shot.exe I can see "cygncursesw-10.dll".

Does that mean it is "using a package which knows how to send them"?

Checking for environment
$ set | grep TERM
TERM=xterm

Ok?

But sh.exe is using Windows console API instead of writing ANSI to stdout.

What is wrong?

regards