Re: 32 and 64 bit cygwin on same machine?

Dominic Herity writes:
> Can I install 32 bit and 64 bit Cygwin on the same machine and choose
> to run either 32 bit or 64 bit python to test the corresponding dll?
> Or do I need to keep them on separate machines?

You can install both 32- and 64-bit Cygwin on the same machine.  Use
setup-x86.exe and setup-x86_64.exe respectively.  Specify separate root
directories for the two installations.  Works like a charm.

In my experience the only mild gotcha was making sure to run Cygwin services
(such as sshd) from just one environment or the other.  BTW, the two
environments won't see each others' processes.  That's as designed.

..mark