Re: Install OpenMPI in cygwin

On 26/06/2014 06:53, Yue Guan wrote:
Hi,
I’m a student in UCLA. I want to infall OpenMPI on Cygwin64. Do you have a tutorial webpage for that?
Thank you.
Look forward to your reply.

Best wishes,
Yue Guan

Hi Yue,
nothing special on cygwin64 compared to other "Unix"

Use cygwin setup-x86_64.exe and install the openmpi packages you
need. At least:

libopenmpi           C library
libopenmpi-devel     devel library and header
          (you need this to develop and program with openmpi)
openmpi              utility and compiler interface
          (you need this to compile and run the programs)

additional there are

libopenmpicxx1       C++ library
libopenmpifh2        Fortran Library
libopenmpiuse1       Fortran use Library
    (Fortran is deprecated in the next release of MPI 3)

After installation, you can test openmpi
using the examples available here:

https://svn.open-mpi.org/source/xref/ompi_1.8/examples/

$ mpicc -o hello_c hello_c.c

$ mpirun -np 4 ./hello_c
Hello, world, I am 0 of 4, (Open MPI v1.7.5, ...)
Hello, world, I am 2 of 4, (Open MPI v1.7.5, ...)
Hello, world, I am 3 of 4, (Open MPI v1.7.5, ...)
Hello, world, I am 1 of 4, (Open MPI v1.7.5, ...)

Regards
Marco