Re: Minires truncates host names

Hi Corinna,

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> On Jul 17 22:29, D. Boland wrote:
> > Hi Corinna,
> >
> > Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> > > Did you read my previous reply?  Do *not* use the minres lib.  Use the
> > > Cygwin resolver.  There's no minires lib on 64 bit anymore and the 32
> > > bit runtime minres is only maintained for backward compatibility.
> >
> > Yes, I read it. I just don't like to swap my current Cygwin DLL. I will test it
> > proper on a fresh Cygwin system on another computer. When will the fix be released?
>
> With 1.7.31 in the next few days.  But there are still the developer
> snapshots for testing.  Here's the deal: If you test a developer
> snapshot you can make sure that the next release will fix the problem.
> If you don't test the snapshot you won't have that privilege and the
> functionality will still be broken up to the next release.  Simple.

Ok, I put in the new Cygwin1.dll from the latest 32bit developer snapshot:

$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-5.1 dimension 1.7.31s(0.272/5/3) 20140716 11:15:29 i686 Cygwin

Then, I removed /usr/lib/resolv.a, so the call is explicitly done on the new Cygwin
DLL.

I removed the complete source code from my /usr/local/src directory, re-extracted
the sendmail source, made and installed. So now the test-output of the sendmail rule
"check_mail" looks like this:

$ echo "check_mail daniel@cygwin.com" | /usr/sbin/sendmail -d8.20 -bt
dns_getcanonname(dimension, trymx=1)
dns_getcanonname: trying dimension.sassenheim.dmz (A)
Resolv: querydomain "dimension"  "sassenheim.dmz" type 1
Resolv: query "dimension.sassenheim.dmz" type 1
Resolv: DnsQuery: 0 (Windows)
Resolv: dimension.sassenheim.dmz Section 1 Type 1 Windows Record Length 4
        YES
dns_getcanonname: dimension.sassenheim.dmz
readcf: option TrustedUser may cause problems on systems
        which do not support fchown() if UseMSP is not set.
ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)
Enter <ruleset> <address>
> check_mail         input: daniel @ cygwin . com
Basic_check_mail   input: daniel @ cygwin . com
tls_client         input: $| MAIL
TLS_connection     input:
TLS_connection   returns:
tls_client       returns:
CanonAddr          input: < daniel @ cygwin . com >
canonify           input: < daniel @ cygwin . com >
Canonify2          input: daniel < @ cygwin . com >
dns_getcanonname(cygwin.com, trymx=1)
dns_getcanonname: trying cygwin.com. (A)
Resolv: querydomain "cygwin.com"  "" type 1
Resolv: query "cygwin.com." type 1
Resolv: DnsQuery: 0 (Windows)
Resolv: cygwin.com Section 1 Type 1 Windows Record Length 4
Resolv: ns2.redhat.com Section 3 Type 1 Windows Record Length 4
Resolv: ns1.redhat.com Section 3 Type 1 Windows Record Length 4
Resolv: ns3.redhat.com Section 3 Type 1 Windows Record Length 4
        YES
dns_getcanonname: cygwin.com
Canonify2        returns: daniel < @ cygwin . com . >
canonify         returns: daniel < @ cygwin . com . >
Parse0             input: daniel < @ cygwin . com . >
Parse0           returns: daniel < @ cygwin . com . >
CanonAddr        returns: daniel < @ cygwin . com . >
Basic_check_mail returns: @ daniel < @ cygwin . com >
check_mail       returns: @ daniel < @ cygwin . com >

It works. As you can see, this is done on a WinXP machine. I could also test on a
Win7 machine. I don't have Win8 or Win8.1.

Greetings,
Daniel