Re: Replicate packages from 32-bit machine on 64-bit machine

On 08/18/2014 10:30 AM, Paul wrote:
Andrey Repin <anrdaemon <at> yandex.ru> writes:
>>When I wanted to replicate my cygwin installation from a 32-bit
>>machine to another 32-bit machine, it was straightforward.  I would
>>simply reinstall all installed packages, but have the downloaded
>>packages got to a folder which I then burn to CD.
>>
>>However, my next machine is a 64-bit machine.  So I have to use the
>>64-bit setup.  Is there an almost-as-painless way to replicate the
>>64-bit version of the packages that I have installed on my 32-bit
>>machine?
>
>You contradicting yourself. 64-bit packages are entirely different
>files than 32-bit packages.
Yes, I understand.  I was referring to the 64-bit versions of my
32-bit packages.  It took quite some period of discovery to determine
my operational needs and the packages required. I'm hoping to avoid
that re-experiencing that.

You shouldn't have allot of trouble matching the 64-bit version of any
package with the 32-bit version.  Assuming there is a 64-bit version of
the package you want, package names are typically very similar between
the two architectures.

--
Larry

A: Yes.