Fwd: setup.exe handles same packages in multiple mirrors badly

> Greetings, Bjorn Kautler!
>
> > But first things first, it is Bjorn or Bjoern, not Bjorn. :-)
>
> Apology. My current locale does not include western diacritics.

Sure, that is why you can say Bjoern, which is the correct
transliteration. But NOT Bjorn, that is not my name, so please stop
using it. :-)

> > Now I only wanted to update the git packages, so I selected "Keep" in
> > the upper right corner,
>
> That's the worst thing you could possible do.
> It changes so many states on so many packages at once, that the result is
> hardly predictable.

Oh, ok. Could you maybe elaborate more on this? What else does this
do, except selecting "Keep" for all packages and thus doing nothing
more than I select it manually to do?

What does it different than changing all unwanted updates to "Keep"
manually in the package list?

> If you ask me, Setup is long overdue for a complete replacement.
> It "don't have" so many things other package managers allow, that I don't even
> know, where to start. Meta dependencies? Suggestions? Virtual packages?

Indeed, no objection here. But still I find it strange that "Cur"
selects 2.0.4, while it is not selectable manually in the "New"
column.

> Select "pending" list and remove checkboxes from binary packages you don't
> want to install.

Sure, that is what I described. But I don't update the packages often,
as I always have open a dozen bashes or so, and don't want to close
all because of update of files in use. So there are a lot of packages
to deselect. But --packages ftw. :-)

> P.S.
> Please don't https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU

Sorry