Re: Windows Server 2012R2 64bit and 32bit Cygwin sshd

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> I have no idea what could be wrong in your environment, sorry.

Some more information: up until the check for /etc/nologin everything works.
 Things fall apart when sshd tries to switch to the user logging on.  I've
traced this again, sshd apparently then tries to use the user token to set
the primary group and gets the predictable error "0xC000005B --
STATUS_INVALID_PRIMARY_GROUP".  The 64bit sshd catches the resulting
exception in that same pid, sets errno and then goes on to switch the uid.
In 32bit the exception winds up in the parent process instead and leads to
the termination of the connection.  The seteuid32 call is never initiated.

Regards,
Achim.