Re: Replicate packages from 32-bit machine on 64-bit machine

Adam Dinwoodie <adam <at> dinwoodie.org> writes:
> I don't think there's any perfect solution to this problem -- as
> noted there just isn't a perfect mapping between 32-bit and 64-bit
> packages -- but it occurs to me that you could install the
> cygcheck-dep package and call `cygcheck-dep -il`.  That'll give you
> a list of just the "leaves" in the tree of installed packages and
> their dependencies, which may be a better starting point for what
> packages you need to install on your new system, since you'll
> automatically get all their dependencies.

Larry, Adam,

Thanks for the follow up.  I don't want to match packages from the
bottom up because some of them are automatically chosen based on
dependencies.  I ended up just going through manually choosing
packages.  Wasn't all that bad.