Windows 2008 access to inetsrv directory

I have been puzzling over why a cygwin bash shell cannot access the c:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\backup directory. I have added "Users" and "cyg_server" account to directory permissions. I still cannot cd to or copy from the backup sub-directory. I saw postings regarding accessing certain System32 files failing with 32-bit apps. I tried creating a file system Junction link to the inetsrv directory, still no luck.

$ ./cygcheck.exe -V
cygcheck (cygwin) 1.7.15
System Checker for Cygwin
Copyright (C) 1998 - 2012 Red Hat, Inc.

Permissions on dir c:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\backup

D:\ois\bin>cacls c:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\backup
c:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\backup NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(OI)(CI)F
                                   WDIISN03\cyg_server:(OI)(CI)F
                                   WDIISN03\nrgo849:(OI)(CI)F
                                   WDIISN03\nrgo947:(OI)(CI)F
                                   BUILTIN\Administrators:(OI)(CI)F
                                   BUILTIN\Users:(OI)(CI)R

Any ideas why cygwin/bash.exe cannot access this directory?

Scott Tinsley
UPGF Midrange Technologies
804-291-4174
scotttinsley@ups.com