Re: RFC: 1.7.33 problem with user's home directory

Corinna Vinschen writes:
>> Looks good, but maybe allow the AD attribute to be explicitly named (e.g.
>> cygwinHomeDirectory).
>
> Cygwin schema extension? :)

I don't see why not, given that there's the possibility of having
different information for Windows, Cygwin and UNIX in the same AD.  But
more realistically, one of the extensionAttributes that Exchange plugs
in anyway could keep that information.

>> For local accounts maybe some environment variable or
>> registry key should be available as a configuration option.
>
> I'm not that concerned about SAM accounts.  Typically they have no
> problem with /home/$USER anyway, and they have the SAM description field
> to add cygwin-specific data.

OK.  We'll find out soon enough how to set up a local sshd account
anyway.

Regards,
Achim.