Re: occasional failure to look up

On Nov 25 20:22, Habermann, David (D) wrote:
> > Thanks.  Unfortunately it's not useful, because the actual problem
> > occurred inside Cygserver.  What I need would be the problem captured
> > by running cygserver from the command line like this:
>
> >  $ strace -o cygserver.trace /usr/sbin/cygserver -d 2> cygserver.stderr
>
> Strace output attached.  Also, I removed the dependencies and then
> confirmed that simply stopping the cygserver process and restarting it
> eliminates the problem (of course, after restarting the XWin and
> terminal sessions).  I had one additional thought...sometimes (like
> today) I work from home and wondered if perhaps a reboot without
> access to the network might cause the problem.  However, I cycled
> cygserver WITHOUT connecting to my VPN to the office, and the problem
> still went away, so apparently a network connection to the corporate
> AD server is not needed (probably uses my local cache, right?)

Maybe.  I inspected the strace output and it's puzzeling.  It shows
that cygserver had no connection to your DC, but it doesn't show even
a single, successful creation of a passwd or group entry.  Usually
these are printed when stracing.  I have still not the faintest
clue what's going on.  This is frustrating.  Let's pick this up after
the weekend, please.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat