Re: Cygwin AD schema and configuration extensions (was Re: RFC: 1.7.33 problem with user's home directory)

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> Ok, so we have a cygwin schema extension now.  The file is called
> cygwin.ldif and is in the Cygwin CVS repo.  It gets installed to
> /usr/share/cygwin.  The schema extension consists of two auxiliary
> classes:
[â]
> Do you think this makes sense?  Would you actually use these AD
> extensions, or do you see your admins using them if available?

This is _very_ interesting and I hope to have some discussion with our
AD admins about this.  It will be some time though, there is just too
many other things going on right now.  But if they allow this to be
used, I think it would indeed be possible to get rid of all local
configuration for a new install on a client machine.

Regards,
Achim.