Re: tzset error

On Dec  5 14:32, rl76@inbox.ru wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I run Cygwin Terminal and the first line I see the error:
>
> tzset: can not find matching POSIX timezone for Windows timezone "Belarus
> Standard Time"
>
> Installed all the latest updates.
> Windows 7. Windows Time Zone: (UTC+03:00) Minsk.

Oh.  Sorry about that.  Cygwin's tzset is using the conversion list
Windows timezone to POSIX timezone from
http://unicode.org/repos/cldr-tmp/trunk/diff/supplemental/zone_tzid.html

There is no "Belarus Standard Time".  The only matching timezone in
this list is "Kaliningrad Standard Time" with region "BY".

However, it seems that the XML conversion list from the same site
(http://unicode.org/repos/cldr/trunk/common/supplemental/windowsZones.xml)
is in a much better (==newer) shape.

[...time passes...]

I updated tzset now and added a script to the Cygwin repo which
allows easier updating this info once in a while.

I created new developer snapshots on https://cygwin.com/snapshots/
Please give the new tzset from cygwin-inst-20141205.tar.xz for your
architecture a try.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat