Re: TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.34-002

On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 2:49 PM, Corinna Vinschen
<corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> For your convenience I wrote new documentation.  Since this is a TEST
> prerelease, the new documentation is not part of the official docs yet.
> Rather have a look at
>
>   https://cygwin.com/preliminary-ntsec.html
>
> If you read it (which I seriously hope for) and it's all just
> incomprehensible gobbledygook to you, please say so on the mailing list

Might I suggest a clarification for the section "Samba account mapping"?

Remember that there are multiple components to Samba nowadays, such as
the AD DC and the NT4-style DC. But this part of the documentation
concerns itself with only the Samba file server, smbd.

At the beginning of it, change:
A fully set up Samba with domain integration is running winbindd to
map Window SIDs to artificially created UNIX uids and gids, and this
mapping is transparent within the domain, so Cygwin doesn't have to do
anything special.

to something like:
A fully set up Samba file server with domain integration is running
winbindd to map Window SIDs to artificially created UNIX uids and
gids, and this mapping is transparent within the domain, so Cygwin
doesn't have to do anything special to access Samba shares.

-Mike