Re: A list of installed packages (no dependencies) -- this may help

> On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 7:56 PM, Houder wrote:
>> It computes the "top vertices" of the forest (i.e. the dependency graph), i.e.
>> the pkgs that no other pkg depends on (within the context of a specific
>> installation of Cygwin).
>
> In the context of a command such as "apt-get autoremove", this is irrelavant.
>
> A command such as this would need to distinguish between packages manually
> installed and those automatically installed, regardless of where they fall on
> the dependency tree.

Oh dear ... yes, I know all that.

However, I am interested in recognizing the "orphans" in the top vertices, i.e.
the packages that have been installed, but are no longer of interest to me.

Perhaps the same "requirement" Angelo has ...

That is the reason behind my reply to A. - not to prevent you from implementing
"anything you like".

Henri