Unable to extract libkbdsg.a while installing the w32api-runtime / gcc-core package

Hi Cygwin users,

I've been trying to install the w32api-runtime package (required by
gcc-core) for my 64-bit Cygwin installed under Windows 8.1, but the
installer always gives an error "Unable to extract
/usr/lib/w32api/libkbdsg.a. This file is in use or some other error
occurred. Please stop all Cygwin processes and select "Retry", or
select "Continue" to go anyway (you will need to reboot)." Note that
the mentioned file does not exist yet in that location. I have
successfully installed w32api-runtime on a different Windows 8.1
machine though. The only noteworthy difference may be that this time
I've enabled compression on the cygwin64 root directory.

Even weirder, it seems that I'm not able to create a file named
"libkbdsg.a" anywhere on BOTH Windows 8.1 machines. Renaming an
existing file to this name has no problem. However, the installer
seems to delete the file first instead of overwriting it, so manually
creating such named file doesn't help.

Have any one encountered similar problems? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Roc