Re: SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryProperty problems on Windows 8

Hi Ivan,

On Jan  9 19:48, Ivan Shcherbakov wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Iâve recently discovered a strange Cygwin bug on Windows 8. Calling
> SetupDiGetDeviceRegistryProperty() from a Cygwin thread created with
> pthread_create() causes it fail unconditionally. This actually breaks
> libusb for any program that uses it outside the main thread.
> The bug can be reproduced with a small program below.
> Could anyone please advise me if this could be fixed in one of the
> next Cygwin releases?

thanks for the testcase, but I'm not sure yet this is really a bug in
Cygwin.  Your bug report is missing a bit of info.  Is that Windows 8 or
8.1?  32 or 64 bit?  If 64 bit, native or in 32 bit mode?  Which Cygwin
version are you running?

Personally I tried your testcase on Windows 8.1, 64 bit, with 64 bit
Cygwin, 1.7.33 as well as current CVS HEAD, and your testcase works
fine for me, even when running from a pthread.

Corinna

Red Hat