Re: Failure in merging win-env vars into post-'login'...

BTW -- the problem is (you probably already knew this)
in 'cygwin.dll', since to restore "password-less" login,
I just copied in the cygwin.dll from the previous version
(i.e. just that file), restarted inetd, and it worked.

BTW -- don't forget the .rhosts in your home dir.

Just experimented with my .rhosts

This is a oddity ...

The entry that works is the entry without the domainname before
my username!

either short or long name, upper or lower case,
but the entries with the domain name in front of
them don't work.... so...
these work:
athenae law
athenae.hs.tlinx.org law
Athenae law
Athenae.hs.tlinx.org law
----
These do not:
athenae Bliss\law
athenae.hs.tlinx.org Bliss\law
Athenae Bliss\law
Athenae.hs.tlinx.org Bliss\law

But it does log me in as the domain
user.

Note my passwd file has both:
Bliss\law (domain account)
and
law (local account with different home directory)
--
the Bliss has my PDC's domain (machine id).
the local has whatever window's created when I