Re: cygrunsrv - services enters stopped state if underlying program exits or is killed - doesn't auto restart

On Jan 29 10:11, Kizito Porta Balanyà wrote:
> > There's certainly room for improvement in cygrunsrv.  It's showing its
> > age, most of the code is unchanged since Cygwin still supported NT4.
> > It's not using the QueryServiceConfig2/ChangeServiceConfig2 functions at
> > all.
> >
> > I wouldn't be too unhappy about a developer having fun to improve
> > cygrunsrv...
>
> Hello, I can't develop it. I don't have the level. But ...
>
> Perhaps the author of nssm can do it (http://nssm.cc/). I could send
> an email to him ... for example .....

Thanks, but that doesn't make much sense, I think.  He's having his own
project so why should he have fun to work on cygrunsrv?

I'm rather looking for people using and (hopefully) liking Cygwin which
have a bit of developer experience and a bit of spare time to hack away
on stuff.  Cygwrunsrv, Setup, Cygwin itself, there's a lot of code and
a lot of developer niches in which to do something helpful.

Cygrunsrv is a fairly small project, for instance, and it should be
pretty easy to understand and it might be a good starting point for
somebody interested in helping an open source project along.

If nobody's beats me to it, I will certainly work on the cygrunsrv thingy
which triggered this discussion in the next couple of months.

Corinna

Red Hat